Go Back   HondaShowOff.com Forums > Car Talk > Maintenance & Detailing

Old 02-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
noobaccord98
Jr Member

noobaccord98 is on a distinguished road
Default ?????Oil Leak?????

alright guys finally got my car started remember i traded my 98 accord for a 89 civic cus i blew the motor, the 89 civic is straight up a toy car i dont know what the guy has in it but its quick. anyways everything was fine when i got the car i mean we were dogging the car and everything it was fine the car ran great. the only that was wrong was it needed a radiator relay switch, instead he ran a wire staright through the battery on a regular light switch lol so i had to turn it on and off manually. well one day i forgot to turn it on when i drove the car and because of that i fucked the head man i toast the shit out of it. i recently got the head rebuild from jis, (btw its a d16a2 head block is d16 too,) the valvs were bent so they had to replace that. anyways i got the head back it looks brand new clean, i put it on, got the gaskets on, manifold, headers back on, got new spark plugs, fushed the engine oil and radiator fluid out. put in new fluids, did the timing on the belt,i did everything. So i start the car drove it it ran even better than before i guess cus the compression is high. i thought evrything was fine. until i turned it on again and noticed an oil leak coming from the timing belt area, and i dont know what the problem is. the only thing itl start to leak only when the car is on. i havnt checked underneath it cus over here everything frozen . any suggestions. btw sorry for the short story lol
Old 02-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
SweetHonda24
HSO Admin Staff

SweetHonda24 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SweetHonda24

does it have a timing belt cover on? if so take it off and see where the oil is coming from. my guess is the camshaft seal or the crankshaft seal.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
noobaccord98
Jr Member

noobaccord98 is on a distinguished road

could you show where i can locate the seals
Old 02-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #4
InfamousJDM

InfamousJDM will become famous soon enough

Look if your trying to build your car youv got to learn how to search...

if we spoon feed you then youll never learn
InfamousJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
Mississippi Honda

Mississippi Honda is on a distinguished road

Look, there are only so many places it could be comming out....just take covers off as SH24 said and start looking...you don't want to keep driving like nothing is wrong, even tho Hondas can run with just a little oil lol.

Plus, you say it is a d16, which should really make things easy....there arnt' many engines easier to work on/see everything lmao...
Mississippi Honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #6
Pata078