Go Back   HondaShowOff.com Forums > Car Talk > Show-Off

Old 05-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
joecivic
O.G

joecivic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to joecivic Send a message via MSN to joecivic Send a message via Yahoo to joecivic
Default My Worst Enemy

well i havent had my car for a couple weeks wue to a bad flex pipe on the header. which was really loud btw. so i get my car back friday. everything runs great, its even quieter than when i first got it back after the motor swap. but i havent taken it out after that day until a couple hours ago today. is it just a coincidence that this happens after going to these crappy people to get a new header?

first, those of you that know what ive done to the car recently, i want to see if you can pick out whats wrong with the picture. then id tel ya. heh. its not much to go by. but just guess. and yeah, ever since i got my car back, theres been mad condensation in the left headlight. thats not what you need to look for. its really easy actually.

heres a tiny hint

and my new shirt that took like a month to get to me. i guess its because im on a freakin boat. IDK...so i have 2 since i thought they never sent it, so they sent another. haha

and a face to my username. thought id add one so i dont seem like a stranger. lol. not the best. i wanted a goofy pic. but that just looked retarded. haha

Last edited by joecivic; 05-03-2009 at 07:03 PM.
joecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
joecivic
O.G

Send a message via AIM to joecivic Send a message via MSN to joecivic Send a message via Yahoo to joecivic

i have one more pic, but that would just give the answer away to whats wrong in the first pic.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
SweetHonda24
HSO Admin Staff

SweetHonda24 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SweetHonda24

I see a dent in the hood....?
Old 05-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
Fac FG1

Fac FG1 is on a distinguished road

yeah thats what i was gonna say was the dent.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
Pata078
Powered by my

Pata078 will become famous soon enough

^^^^^
that's what I was going to say lol

That thing is a piece off your ECU and your Car runs like crap? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris42192 View Post
im searching for a FO' DO' FO' MO' HOE'
Pata078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
joecivic
O.G

haha. well i will just say it. THERES NO LIP!!!
i was driving, and all of a sudden i hear this loud noise, and at first i thought it was my engine. i was like, "omg, not again. i need another motor already?" but nope. i looked in my rear view mirror, and saw my lip just a tumbling, then hit by another vehicle. that noise i heard was me running it over. i went to try and pick it up, but it was no good.

the right side is fine, but heres what happened to the left side. i guess i cant buy another one and put it on
Old 05-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
joecivic
O.G

wow, that came out big and blurry. but i guess you can still tell what and where thats at. and no, that "thing" is a part of what was left of the lip still hanging onto my car. and the screws kind of blurry. and no, that dents been there a few years now. stupid kids like playing near my car, and didnt say anything about it. one day they got this black tire mark from their bike along the side of my car. the parents dont care. they hated the people i was roomates with back then. and hated everyone that came there. ive done nothing, im a non drinker, non smoker, and non partier. so for them to treat me the way they did, and not caring for other peoples property, really made me mad. me and my girlfriend were sitting in my car one time, and this guy bangs on my window. not just tapping, but he hits it, thinking we are having sex, and saying crap about himself saying he has little kids. im like WTF? he was drunk, and i snapped, and got out the car and had some things i had to tell him just because i was there, doesnt mean i did things too. and neither did my friends. he has the wrong impression. then he never started anything again. lol. im telling a story about a part of my life now. but really, that just starts with the situation about that dent.

thats why OEM is the best. but i love how the car sounds. its much better than when picked it up after i got the motor swap. kind of sounds like it should. like how it sounds sitting inside the rsx-s. clean and clear. 3rd gear has been an issue every once in a while for me ever since i had the swap done. i get so mad, and grind my teeth when i do it. its kind of like that gear just wont go in or something, unless i push it hard into 3rd. the rest are nice ance smooth. is it just an issue with these k20's? i know the 06 SI has that issue, but i didnt think the RSX-S did.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #8
Fac FG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecivic View Post
wow, that came out big and blurry. but i guess you can still tell what and where thats at. and no, that "thing" is a part of what was left of the lip still hanging onto my car. and the screws kind of blurry. and no, that dents been there a few years now. stupid kids like playing near my car, and didnt say anything about it. one day they got this black tire mark from their bike along the side of my car. the parents dont care. they hated the people i was roomates with back then. and hated everyone that came there. ive done nothing, im a non drinker, non smoker, and non partier. so for them to treat me the way they did, and not caring for other peoples property, really made me mad. me and my girlfriend were sitting in my car one time, and this guy bangs on my window. not just tapping, but he hits it, thinking we are having sex, and saying crap about himself saying he has little kids. im like WTF? he was drunk, and i snapped, and got out the car and had some things i had to tell him just because i was there, doesnt mean i did things too. and neither did my friends. he has the wrong impression. then he never started anything again. lol. im telling a story about a part of my life now. but really, that just starts with the situation about that dent.

thats why OEM is the best. but i love how the car sounds. its much better than when picked it up after i got the motor swap. kind of sounds like it should. like how it sounds sitting inside the rsx-s. clean and clear. 3rd gear has been an issue every once in a while for me ever since i had the swap done. i get so mad, and grind my teeth when i do it. its kind of like that gear just wont go in or something, unless i push it hard into 3rd. the rest are nice ance smooth. is it just an issue with these k20's? i know the 06 SI has that issue, but i didnt think the RSX-S did.
i was gonna say the lip was missing at 1st, but i realyl wasn't to sure. man dude that sucks tho the same crap happened to my homeboy's mugen lip. minding his own business vtec'n down the street and all off the sudden he heard and saw his mugen lip getting smashed to pieces haha total bummer for both of you guys.

for your anger bro try to remember this

"He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city."
(Proverbs 16:32)

don't let your neighboors ignorance get the best of you bro. and what kind of issues are you talking about with the k20? this is new to me.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #9
hondadude141
Decaldude!!

hondadude141 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to hondadude141 Send a message via Yahoo to hondadude141

I looks like what happened to my lip the first time we tried to take it on the dyno, I was going up the ramp and it scraped, and I didn't think anything of it, left it alone. And on the way home the wind caught it just right and ripped that mofo right off the front bumper lol.

BUT! The only thing I did different, was i didn't screw it in to the wheel well side of the bumper just because if something happened to the lip i didn't want my whole bumper to go with it. You can probably still put a lip on it, but i dont know if on civics its possible to do it without screwing it there, I know I just drilled into the bottom of the bumper, like underneathe to hold mine on....
Old 05-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #10
hondadude141
Decaldude!!

hondadude141 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to hondadude141 Send a message via Yahoo to hondadude141

Oh yeah! Did you by chance end up with a dc header? because I have some info for you if you did.....
Old 05-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
joecivic
O.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude141 View Post
Oh yeah! Did you by chance end up with a dc header? because I have some info for you if you did.....
yeah, thats what ive had. and i had to get a new one, which was this past friday. i wish i had one without that flex pipe. i keep thinking its going to happen again. i love how it sounds right now with a brand new header. its alot quiter, and sounds like a true k20. i have a 1 year warranty with it, so i wasnt charged for getting a new one.

what kind of info? like the quality of them, or on getting then for cheap or something?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #12
joecivic
O.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fac FG1 View Post
i was gonna say the lip was missing at 1st, but i realyl wasn't to sure. man dude that sucks tho the same crap happened to my homeboy's mugen lip. minding his own business vtec'n down the street and all off the sudden he heard and saw his mugen lip getting smashed to pieces haha total bummer for both of you guys.

for your anger bro try to remember this

"He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city."
(Proverbs 16:32)

don't let your neighboors ignorance get the best of you bro. and what kind of issues are you talking about with the k20? this is new to me.
haha. well the neighbors are long gone now. maybe theyd respect me more if they saw i was military. but yeah, the 06 SI and i think the 07 has a problem with 3rd gear sticking, or not getting in...or something, i dont know. i think it was fixed for the 08 though.

i wont lie. lol. i did hit 120mph, then right as i hit that speed, i ran it over. i dont know if it was too much wind or what. i only had it screwed on both sides of the wheel well bumper. since it wasnt OEM, it didnt have no area for me to screw into the front bottom part of the bumper. i see these holes like something goes in place there on my bumper, but the lip didnt go under that far for me to screw in there.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #13
mfcivic101
Regular User

mfcivic101 is on a distinguished road

sucks about the lip man.. so i guess you're really not gonna try to attach another one huh?
mfcivic101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #14
Fac FG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecivic View Post
haha. well the neighbors are long gone now. maybe theyd respect me more if they saw i was military. but yeah, the 06 SI and i think the 07 has a problem with 3rd gear sticking, or not getting in...or something, i dont know. i think it was fixed for the 08 though.

i wont lie. lol. i did hit 120mph, then right as i hit that speed, i ran it over. i dont know if it was too much wind or what. i only had it screwed on both sides of the wheel well bumper. since it wasnt OEM, it didnt have no area for me to screw into the front bottom part of the bumper. i see these holes like something goes in place there on my bumper, but the lip didnt go under that far for me to screw in there.
oh man that sucks with the 3rd gear problem. haha maaan 120 thats nice bro wish i could feel that power. someday tho

are you gonna get an oem bumper or just stick to what you got?
Old 05-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #15
joecivic
O.G

some day i will get an OEM bumper. and someday i will get an OEM 99-00 SI lip. ive done that speed plenty of times with that lip on though. maybe they knocked something loose while it was in the shop, even though it was only the header they were doing things with, and it was on a lift. probably not their fault either though. who knows. theres a guy at work who knows a guy who can probably get an SI lip for really cheap. im waiting to see on what happens about that.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #16
chris42192
BALLA

chris42192 will become famous soon enough

i was gonna say lip at first cuz i remember u were all happy to get it on n all the BS, dat sucks
Old 05-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #17
Pata078