Go Back   HondaShowOff.com Forums > Car Talk > Show-Off

Old 03-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
joecivic
O.G

joecivic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to joecivic Send a message via MSN to joecivic Send a message via Yahoo to joecivic
Default Me Haz New Lights

i got the fake type r headlights due to the real ones price, and id rather spend my money on other things. but they still look really nice. my old ones had a broken brakect as some of you knew, and the headlights had a little hazeyness on the inside. these are much nicer. i also got some HID's from DDMTuning.com which are the slim ballasts 35w, 6000k bulbs.

i will start with a couple old pics to show that the lights are different..also so i can see for myself from the pics.

old

new

Old 03-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
joecivic
O.G

Send a message via AIM to joecivic Send a message via MSN to joecivic Send a message via Yahoo to joecivic

and with the HID's

in person they are not that turquoise color. they are more of a bright white with some blue in it. you can also see the housing behind the lense still, unlike the pics. i love em, especially at night, or early mornings. thought id share it with yall.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
MobiggaLX
BALLA

MobiggaLX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MobiggaLX

IMHO i couldn't tell a difference but that could be the photo :shrug:

but my freind eric bought some HIDS from that site too pretty legit for the price

looks good like always
Old 03-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
joecivic
O.G

well, the old ones were a bit more greyish. these ones are black. you can kind of notice it in the pics. also, since my old ones were OEM lights that were painted on the inside, it had that amber corner. the new ones have clear reflector corner pieces (which you cant see due to the angle) and the lense are much cleaner than the others.

maybe the pics aint too good.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
Fac FG1

Fac FG1 is on a distinguished road

super sweet!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #6
Pata078
Powered by my

Pata078 will become famous soon enough

looks good!

I'm looking for some new ones right now also. I bought mine used and have a lot of overspray in them still. Never got into this whole HID thing till now. I might give it a shot.

What ever happened to them fog lamps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris42192 View Post
im searching for a FO' DO' FO' MO' HOE'
Pata078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:56 AM   #7
CivicRida
El ChiMex

CivicRida is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CivicRida

I notice a slight difference but with the HID's it looks good. HID's are nice, have them in the Maxima.

CivicRida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #8
chris42192
BALLA

chris42192 will become famous soon enough

Yeah i hear that site is lefit!! So the 6k dnt really have a blue to it that much? ((if so, then cool)) BUT is it brighter then oem?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #9
clyde004

clyde004 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to clyde004

Def clearer lenses.... N the HIDs look good.... Do they cut a crisp line? Can't really tell on the garage door cuz it's reflective...

94 Accord EX ( my project in the works)

Mod of the month (as voted by members)- 11/07
clyde004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #10
joecivic
O.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata078 View Post
looks good!

I'm looking for some new ones right now also. I bought mine used and have a lot of overspray in them still. Never got into this whole HID thing till now. I might give it a shot.

What ever happened to them fog lamps?
i got rid of the fog lights. they would look nice, but when i took the bumper off to get ready to cut that pocket or whatever you want to call it where the vents are on the front sides of the bumper, the lines where the instructions say to cut along, werent really there (certifit bumper). i guess i could have drawn my own lines and cut a squares out for it. but i dont care. those things were like 5 pounds each. after seeing this integra on the new Import Tuner go from 2600+lbs to like 2060lbs, and with its full interior, i think one of my goals is to save as much weight as possible. he also went up to like 38 MPG by all that weight saving. of course he had a carbonf fiber hood and trunk, but theres also that polycarbonate glass too which is light, then a bunch of other things.

lol. it would be alot of money. but hey, i never thought id get a K20. it was my dream motor, and i ended up getting it eventually. who knows what will happen later on though :shrug: <<i think that smiley is missing
Old 03-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #11
joecivic
O.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris42192 View Post
Yeah i hear that site is lefit!! So the 6k dnt really have a blue to it that much? ((if so, then cool)) BUT is it brighter then oem?
yeah, they have blue in it. just the pics i posted makes them look blue-green. its more of a....lightning kind of color?? bright white with some blue. these things are really bright. i dont think anything brighter is necessary. lol. they are MUCH brighter than OEM. with the garage closed, and the lights off, they emitt alot of light in the garage to even work on things in the dark. haha. id prefer it than the actual garage light.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #12
joecivic
O.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fac FG1 View Post
super sweet!
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde004 View Post
Def clearer lenses.... N the HIDs look good.... Do they cut a crisp line? Can't really tell on the garage door cuz it's reflective...
my older headlights, which are the ones in the pic with the garage door shut, were pretty much a crisp line. ive always had my left headlight shine a slight but lower than the passenger light. i figured that was the way it should be so you dont blind on-coming traffic thats on your left.

the new headlights, they kind of arent lined up right, and shine maybe 10ft further. is there a way to adjust the lights? i notice these turning mechanisms behind the headlight, but i cant seem to turn them. i can loosen them with a screw driver, but then it still wont turn them.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #13
em1Memo

em1Memo will become famous soon enough

nice! i really like the H.I.Ds
em1Memo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #14
joecivic
O.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by em1Memo View Post
nice! i really like the H.I.Ds
thanks
Old 03-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #15
hondadude141
Decaldude!!

hondadude141 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to hondadude141 Send a message via Yahoo to hondadude141

Those screw are the adjusting screws, you need to turn your headlights on and then play with them, as you tighten/loosen the screws the headlight will move, you won't have to literally push the headlight around.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #16
joecivic
O.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude141 View Post
Those screw are the adjusting screws, you need to turn your headlights on and then play with them, as you tighten/loosen the screws the headlight will move, you won't have to literally push the headlight around.
ahhh i see. but how come the round piece that the crew is in doesnt move? the screw moves, but not that circle piece that looks kind of like a gear.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #17
RandomHero
Noob

RandomHero is on a distinguished road

It turned out good joe joe! i have to get me some head lights to, and i think im definitely going to get some HID's now... they look clean as a whitsle! thumbs up
RandomHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #18
FrancisBradley
Noob

FrancisBradley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecivic View Post
and with the HID's

in person they are not that turquoise color. they are more of a bright white with some blue cheap hid headlight kits in it. you can also see the housing behind the lense still, unlike the pics. i love em, especially at night, or early mornings. thought id share it with yall.
Looks wonderful for sure... Here hids are not legal so I am still not using these lights.. But I think these are quite effective lights which must be made legal

Last edited by FrancisBradley; 07-01-2013 at 10:37 PM.
FrancisBradley is offline   Reply With Quote