Go Back   HondaShowOff.com Forums > Modifications > Performance Mods

Old 12-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
noobaccord98
Jr Member

noobaccord98 is on a distinguished road
Default new car

wasup guys its been a long time since i logged on. i got me a new car, well not a new car but its way beter than my 98 accord. i traded my accord for a 89 civic 5 spd with a d15 block with the trade i got a d16y8 w/o solinoid a newer manifold (too new for my car) and a fart cannon. the head that was on it before was blown beacause of my dumb self. so i want to put the vtec in, i know if i do that the vtec wont work because il have to program it to the engine, but i know if i just put it on it will give me atleast 160hp to the wheels atleast w/o the solinoid. my question is, can my car drive fine without any oil spills if i wield a piece of metal to cover the solinoid holes. if not where should i go online to buy a solinoid. (no junkyards in my area havnt got any at the moment)

ps the reason i blew the head was because the car needs a radiator switch so in the mean time theres a manual switch to turn in on or off. i forgot to turn it on when i drove it so i blew the original head on it.

i know u guys know your stuff so please school me on this topic

Last edited by noobaccord98; 12-14-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: in a hurry
noobaccord98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
InfamousJDM

InfamousJDM will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobaccord98 View Post
wasup guys its been a long time since i logged on. i got me a new car, well not a new car but its way beter than my 98 accord. i traded my accord for a 89 civic 5 spd with a d15 block with the trade i got a d16y8 w/o solinoid a newer manifold (too new for my car) and a fart cannon. the head that was on it before was blown beacause of my dumb self. so i want to put the vtec in, i know if i do that the vtec wont work because il have to program it to the engine, but i know if i just put it on it will give me atleast 160hp to the wheels atleast w/o the solinoid. my question is, can my car drive fine without any oil spills if i wield a piece of metal to cover the solinoid holes. if not where should i go online to buy a solinoid. (no junkyards in my area havnt got any at the moment)

ps the reason i blew the head was because the car needs a radiator switch so in the mean time theres a manual switch to turn in on or off. i forgot to turn it on when i drove it so i blew the original head on it.

i know u guys know your stuff so please school me on this topic
LMAO!!! 160HP.. to the wheels? wow

Ok sorry had to laugh.. ok You traded your 98 accord for a busted up 89 civic with a blown head?? if Im reading it right.. ??
wow # 2

and you need a Vtec solenoid yo.. Welding a piece of metal over the place where the vtec goes will make it not run right.. If Your running a car with Vtec chances are you will blow the motor

lmao dude Just do things right bro dont mickey mouse anything or you will end up with a blown motor...
Wire it up right.. get a Vtec solenoid (they sell all over the net for CHEAP!! I think Pata has a few maybe laying around from his Y8 build..) and just because you had Vtec Doesnt give you 160 hp... Much less to the wheels bro

try www.google.com... I heard they have a plethera of Vtec solenoids.. all you have to do is type in "Vtec Solenoids for sale" and Presto!!
InfamousJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
InfamousJDM

InfamousJDM will become famous soon enough

http://www.jdmenginesamurai.com/engi...ine_d16y8.html
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showt...t=85694&page=2

here I wentand did a little searching on what a d16y8 will bring you as far as power "to the wheels"

Last edited by InfamousJDM; 12-14-2010 at 06:51 PM.
InfamousJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
Pata078