Go Back   HondaShowOff.com Forums > Modifications > Performance Mods

Old 09-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
noobaccord98
Jr Member

noobaccord98 is on a distinguished road
Default y8 build questions 2000 ex

i have a 2000 ex civic y8 all stock, i have my head and block at the machine shop and im wanting to know a few things i can do while its there to increase cr while being rebuilt, without having to buy aftermarket interals,bolt ons, etc.

is it possible to get a compression of 10-11:1 w/o buying aftermarket parts? if so, whats the highest i can have and how much should i mill my head and deck my block in order to get that high compression. also what kind of hg gasket thickness and hg bore diameter could i use for that kind of compression?

iv been using this website to calculate everything http://http://www.zealautowerks.com/dseries.html but im stuck at the part where it wants the head gasket bore diff? the astrick on the bottom says enter the difference between the bore diameter of the headgasket and the cylinder bore. is this what they mean for ex. buying an apexi hg with a 1.1mm with a over bore 75.5mm. is the bore difference 74.4mm? or is the bore diff 1.1mm. could someone explain this to me a little better?

using the calculator it is also asking me "Enter total amount the head has been milled and block decked." so that got me wondering.. does this mean u can deck to lets say .010 and mill to .010 which will give u a total of .020, calculates the same as just decking .020 or just milling .020? if so why do ppl deck and mill together differently, when they can just deck or just mill? could someone exlpain this to me better

one last thing does milling a head mean the same as resurfacing the head?

Last edited by noobaccord98; 09-24-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: one mo ?
noobaccord98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
Pata078
Powered by my

Pata078 will become famous soon enough

resurfacing is getting surfaces decked.
milling is taking some off.

I'm not that into numbers other then oem rebuilds. I don't think there is 74.5 ? Call me a noob if there is lol.

I say get yourself some aftermarket pistons and have the machine shop press them onto your rods.

what are they doing to your head? Just cleaning it or valve job too? Details.
Block too. Details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris42192 View Post
im searching for a FO' DO' FO' MO' HOE'
Pata078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
noobaccord98
Jr Member

noobaccord98 is on a distinguished road

well hes going to rebuild the whole block new, oversized pistons with a .5 overbore, new bearings, crank turning, rods journals, he said nothing was wrong with the head but that i should still rebuild it. i dont have the money for the head so all hes going to do is resurface it, i want to make sure that i get a high compression out of the block and head, without buying aftermarket parts, until i have the money for it later. but while its in the shop i would like to sort of get the block and head prepped for high compression and hp when i do buy parts.

i want to tell him how much to mill/resurface the head, to get a higher compression but im still not sure by how much, i still want reliability and im going to use unleaded plus on gas for now, till i get upgraded fuel system then use a higher octane. this is my daily driver but i do want power and hp increase. my goal is 160 without boost all n/a i know it will take plenty of upgraded bolt ons and internals. but til now i just want a 10-11:1 compression if it is possible using only stock parts and of course milling and decking with the right headgasket.

should i start by just getting the head resurfaced .010 for now or.020

im also still not quite sure the meaning of decking what does that mean and how is it done? can u deck a head and a block? i know milling means taking some off, iv heard of milling a head but can u mill a block too? i just want to make sure im not sounding like a jackass talking to the machinist next time not knowing what im talking about

he hasnt touched anything yet because hes still waiting on what i want him to do regards to milling and decking. if anybody have any ideas on that, that will be very helpful.

Last edited by noobaccord98; 09-25-2011 at 02:20 PM.
noobaccord98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:53 AM   #4
Pata078