Go Back   HondaShowOff.com Forums > Car Talk > Maintenance & Detailing

Old 04-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #21
extasy
Regular User

extasy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to extasy

Greddy turbo kit, leave it at the preset "out of the box" settings until you are ready to upgrade more. Keep rockin' the SOHC the Z6 is a solid motor. You could look into the 1.5 block with Z6 head also.
extasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #22
Pata078
Powered by my

Pata078 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrynfischer View Post
or spray with some nitrous for about a grand.

correct me if im wrong im sure someone will
I will.

$1,000 to put Nitrous???

I rather Boost for that kind of Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris42192 View Post
im searching for a FO' DO' FO' MO' HOE'
Pata078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:26 AM   #23
F22bluez

F22bluez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fac FG1 View Post
huge negative!
hence the
those thing's are
Old 05-01-2009, 05:34 AM   #24
SweetHonda24
HSO Admin Staff

SweetHonda24 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SweetHonda24

Quote:
Originally Posted by extasy View Post
Greddy turbo kit, leave it at the preset "out of the box" settings until you are ready to upgrade more. Keep rockin' the SOHC the Z6 is a solid motor. You could look into the 1.5 block with Z6 head also.
Back from the dead.... Glad to see your still lurking around.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:03 AM   #25
94accordex
Hondadude's Personal Moderator

94accordex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 94accordex Send a message via Yahoo to 94accordex

Quote:
the ignition is allways a good upgrade better spark means more horsepower and better throttle response.
Quote:
plugs wires and external coil, maybe forced air intake ,fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator,the rest of your exhaust?,an adjustable cam gear. all of these are pretty cheap and a good upgrade.
Show me an aftermarket ignition setup that actually produces a noticeable power gain by itself, and I'd be amazed. Really, at this level, there's no need to upgrade the ignition system. Stock Honda ignitions are more then sufficient even if you're boosted and making 300 horses.

I don't really see a point in upgrading the fuel system either. If he was going to be adding turbo or nitrous or doing some crazy N/A build, then yeah, an upgraded pump, rail, and injectors would be necessary, but just adding those things for the sake of adding them isn't going to do anything in terms of making more horsepower...
Old 05-01-2009, 09:03 AM   #26
94accordex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHonda24 View Post
Back from the dead.... Glad to see your still lurking around.
Werd! Good to see ya buddy!
Old 06-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #27
terrynfischer
O.G

terrynfischer is on a distinguished road

d series honda engines have a weak internal coil in the distributor adding the msd blaster coil is deffinately producing more power, like i said its not bolting on horsepower but greatly improves spark output. that means better throttle response and better ignition inside the cylinders.
Also the fuel system is a good upgrade to because in turn more fuel pressure means that the last injector in line is getting more fuel, with stock fuel system the last injector in line might not be getting as much pressure so you bump up your fuel pressure and you get a more even supply of fuel to ALL your injectors insted of the first two in line would get the most of the pressure and the last two will have less pressure because they are at the end of the line. all of these things i am talking about are just making you engine more efficient, in turn makes u faster.
terrynfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #28
terrynfischer
O.G

shit now that i think about it do some weight reduction that will help for sure. Go ahead and question that one, accord ex, with an automatic b18 integra l0l thats a waste of time. but mostly money. it would prob cost u like 10 G s to make that worth anything.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #29
terrynfischer
O.G

oh pata i was being sarcastic when i said spray with nitrous sorry i was not serious
Old 09-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #30
94accordex

I realize this thread is old, but since you decided to bring it back I might as well address your points...

Quote:
d series honda engines have a weak internal coil in the distributor adding the msd blaster coil is deffinately producing more power, like i said its not bolting on horsepower but greatly improves spark output. that means better throttle response and better ignition inside the cylinders.
Also the fuel system is a good upgrade to because in turn more fuel pressure means that the last injector in line is getting more fuel, with stock fuel system the last injector in line might not be getting as much pressure so you bump up your fuel pressure and you get a more even supply of fuel to ALL your injectors insted of the first two in line would get the most of the pressure and the last two will have less pressure because they are at the end of the line. all of these things i am talking about are just making you engine more efficient, in turn makes u faster.
You're drinking the Kool-Aid buddy. None of that stuff is going to make a noticeable difference in power output. Like I said before, there's virtually no point in adding those things to an otherwise stock engine...

Quote:
shit now that i think about it do some weight reduction that will help for sure. Go ahead and question that one, accord ex, with an automatic b18 integra l0l thats a waste of time. but mostly money. it would prob cost u like 10 G s to make that worth anything.
He'd have to basically tear his car mostly apart to be noticeably faster. And if it's his daily driver, then that's not really practical, is it?

And don't worry about what I drive. Just worry about what I know, which is obviously more then you...
Old 10-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #31
terrynfischer
O.G

ok you didnt prove me wrong all you did is talk shit like i dont know what im talking about, ok someone else? am i stupid or are these going to make a difference. like i said maybe not noticeable horsepower gain but much cleaner running vehicle more gas better spark and advanced timing with the cam gear WILL give you a noticeable gain.
But i guess i could slap a turbo on my stock block and blow it up in 30,000 miles yay
Old 10-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #32
terrynfischer
O.G

all i got out of your reply is your sad because you drive an automatic and dont have a fuel system or an ignition just headers and a cold air intake. i have all the same mods as you and more and you say mine are useless there the same but i have the ignition and fuel pressure regulator and a clutch but lets see who knows more lol your funny.
(oh im sorry other people who are going to read this i pissed) and what happend to adressing my points all you said was theres no point. thats all you got, prove me wrong.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #33
joecivic
O.G

joecivic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to joecivic Send a message via MSN to joecivic Send a message via Yahoo to joecivic

arent there rules about cussing on here?

94accordex isnt trying to be negative. when i read what he typed, it just looks like he is giving facts about whatever is asked or said. you're just taking things too negative. i know reading is more difficult to understand that someones not being negative toward another. ive been there.

maybe i shouldnt even jump into this either, but i thought id just tell you.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #34
Pata078