Go Back   HondaShowOff.com Forums > Car Talk > Maintenance & Detailing

Old 01-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
92eg9
Noob

92eg9 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Help!! I really need it!

i have my 1992 civic 4dr and it has a 1996 b18b1 engine and its running on a p75-a01 obd1 ecu. the problem i have is that since i got the car the engine light has been on and my max rpm was 6000, meaning it wont go any more than that. one day after driving the car for about hour and a half i turned it off for a couple of minutes and when i turned it back on it sounded shitty. the car wouldnt let me go past 3000 rpm no matter what. it felt as if i was maxing out the engine.

i took it to the shop and they told me that since my harness was all cut up and taped up from when some redneck did the swap that i had to get a new harness and hook it up. so i took the harness out, and of course that included removing the dashboard, and all of the ac/heater components including the heater core. after i did all of the work the shop told me that instead they would just fix the cable that i had and save me some money. so the guy soldered it and heat shrinked it. i put the harness back on, got all of the ac/heater components back on, changed the hoses and the thermostat. so i got all of that done and when i started the car it ran even worst then before i did all of that.

the car would smoke a shit load. the smoke was white and it smelled like gas and oil, i placed my hand on the exhaust pipe and it seemed like water was in my palm but ir smelled like gas. so i took the car to the shop and they told me that i also had to get an ecu because mine was faulty. i got the ecu and plugged it in. the car ran the same and the check engine light was still on. i left it in the shop and after a while they told me that it was actually vacuum hose leak and a short in the #3 injector and that it was making it run rich. so i got a call today and they told me it was fixed and that i could come and pick it up. well the car STILL RUNS LIKE SHIT, with the same problem i mentioned, the smoke, the gas and oil smell and the car still not going after 3000 rpms.

CAN ANYONE HELP???. has anyone ran into this problem before??? i really need help. its been three months since the car started running like this and the fucking shop cant figure out wtf its wrong! please help me
92eg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
Mississippi Honda

Mississippi Honda is on a distinguished road

Does it idle funny? Sounds like putting a diff intake manifold would help among other things...maybe new injectors and such.
Mississippi Honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
Onatop
Jr Member

Onatop will become famous soon enough

timing issue or dizzy no bueno
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #4
92eg9
Noob

it idles high, about 1500 rpms. and it could be the dizzy. i dont really know if the one i have is an obd1 dizzy or obd2. i guess ill get that checked out as well. the only thing about it is that if it was something like that i believe it would have done it a lot sooner. i drove the car for a good while before any of the more recent problems arose. also i actually remember that it wouldnt let me go past 3000 rpms but after a little while it went away. the last time it did it is the most current situation
Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
Pata078
Powered by my

Pata078 will become famous soon enough

if you post a few pictures of your motor, I might be of some help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris42192 View Post
im searching for a FO' DO' FO' MO' HOE'
Pata078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #6
92eg9
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata078 View Post
if you post a few pictures of your motor, I might be of some help.
any area in specific? what are you trying to see?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #7
Onatop
Jr Member

Onatop will become famous soon enough

we need to see everything lol.

question, how long has it idled high?

what is the condition of the engine harness?

what codes do you have?
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #8
Mississippi Honda

Does it ever exhale out of the intake?
Old 01-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
92eg9
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Honda View Post
Does it ever exhale out of the intake?
????

the car been idling high since i got it. not always 1500rpms but definitely not normal. sometimes the idle would go up and down, up and down. as far as the engine harness there is no problem. im assuming the redneck that did the swap left that alone, i think im using the one that comes with the engine. and about the codes im getting the shop to look at it since its still there.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #10
Mississippi Honda

Okay, if it idles up and down from time to time, that could be the intake manifold or something as simple as vacuum (sp?) lines not connected or not doing their jobs right. Check all of the little lines going in and out of it. And what I meant is does it ever fail to crank on the first attempt and exaught go out of your intake. Sounds like you are having similar prob to what I was having...mine wouldnt go over 4500 and I changed out the intake manifold from one I got at a junkyard and after a re-time, it was good as new....tho it could likely be the wireing as well or a combo of the two.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #11
Pata078