Go Back   HondaShowOff.com Forums > Car Talk > Honda

Old 11-28-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
clyde004

clyde004 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to clyde004
Default and the sleeping giant awakens!!!!!

long time no post fellas ( and tuner girls!!) glad to be back... haven't had the n et for over a year now, and boy have i been missin ya'll. but the accord still lives and the last year has been very eventfull for us!!!! can't wait to catch up. lots of pics to share, etc. we boosted at one point....boy was that a disaster!! but alls well that ends well. lots of body work going down, lots of mods....AEM EMS, full AEM fuel system, 89mm bore, 100mm stroker kit....bottle fed att 200 wet ones!!!! but i will admit it has been a very rough adventure full of trial and error that i wish i could've prevented with the help of the faithfull HSO gang....so, I'll return with more!!!!

94 Accord EX ( my project in the works)

Mod of the month (as voted by members)- 11/07
clyde004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:40 PM   #2
jjmajed

Default Re: and the sleeping giant awakens!!!!!

Welcome back man...cant wait to see the pics

_JOSH_
Old 11-28-2006, 11:03 PM   #3
kevoweb
Regular User

kevoweb will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kevoweb

What's up man!!! been a real long time. what went wrong with the boost?

"Redline first gear, and then pop the clutch three times. Let your toe lift, then slam it into reverse.VTEC every time...."

1995 Honda Civic DX - sold
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX - teh daily

kevoweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:20 AM   #4
clyde004

first of all, didn't research much in the line of output.....got a GT28RS from Garrett.....after the motor build we were hitting 254whp without the NOS....the T28 only holds upto 350 and thats maxed out....needless to say we went to Houston Raceway Park for a weekend....pulled a 10.54 at 109mph, then followed it with an 18.36 at 45mph after blowing the turbine splines out the exhaust from over boost with the NOS. so it was a really suck a$$ weekend...and the whole boost idea took a backseat. we were going to have to go back into the motor, so we decided to build the crap out of it...went with the 89mm pistons and the 100mm crank and stroke. put us at 287whp with some boltons. we haven't dyno'd with the NOS yet, but it's a 200hp direct port wet shot.....well, some of the body work gives her away now though i supposed. shaved the rear handles and trunk, CF hood, and at the moment she's a in primer waiting to finish the body work. i'll try to post some pics tonite, gota get a host first i guess.....talk to ya'll soon.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:27 AM   #5
92LX
Regular User

92LX is an unknown quantity at this point

a 10.54 in the quarter? Most boosted F's I've seen run with slicks are into the high 12's with slightly more whp.

Impressive output nonetheless thought with 254 whp.

Your 287 whp...that's NA? Which block are you basing it on and which head are you running?
92LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:36 AM   #6
kevoweb
Regular User

Jeez, you've been busy! I gotta see some pics.

"Redline first gear, and then pop the clutch three times. Let your toe lift, then slam it into reverse.VTEC every time...."

Old 11-29-2006, 06:25 PM   #7
clyde004

sorry, i forgot to specify...it wasn't a full quarter, they mark out at 1000 ft.....thus the 2 sec difference, and yes, most ahve more whp...but at the 254whp, we were rating 212 wtq....makes for a much quicker run in the end. as for the build, we used the f block and the f head as well....that was a 272 grind on the cam, 1.4mm over on the valves, and to be honest a bit more that i just don't know enough about to start talking about. my Dad did a lot of the work with his boys, i just stuck my head in e few times and turned a few bolts, tried to learn something, ya know. so, i'll get back with some pics soon.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:49 PM   #8
92LX
Regular User

I would absolutely love to see your mod sheet and your dyno graphs Clyde. You might have one of the highest whp Accords that are NA and F around. I've never heard that type of number unboosted.

That time makes sense in teh quarter based on what you were saying.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:51 PM   #9
clyde004

maybe there is some misunderstanding here......and i will clarify my mistake on the whp....not a true statement...the butt dyno reads at the flywheel, not the wheels.."whp" was habit...would bhp have been more appropriate? all things considered i have slightly higher numbers than most, but a lot of unusual stuff has been done. if curiosity has you, than excuse me for thinking this has turned into a pissing match. 254whp at 18lbs of boost isnt beyond ordinary by any means...and I've seen stock specs for 3 liter engines pushing well up into the mid 200 at the wheels, so the 287 was only a small bit better than anticipated after the bore and stroke......but I'll get the sheets up so we can be sure the difference between fact and fiction. thank you for your interest though....

Old 11-29-2006, 11:29 PM   #10
SweetHonda24
HSO Admin Staff

SweetHonda24 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SweetHonda24

dang man! the accord must have been a beast, at least for a little while. can't wait to see some recent pics with and a recent dyno.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:22 AM   #11
92LX
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde004
maybe there is some misunderstanding here......and i will clarify my mistake on the whp....not a true statement...the butt dyno reads at the flywheel, not the wheels.."whp" was habit...would bhp have been more appropriate? all things considered i have slightly higher numbers than most, but a lot of unusual stuff has been done. if curiosity has you, than excuse me for thinking this has turned into a pissing match. 254whp at 18lbs of boost isnt beyond ordinary by any means...and I've seen stock specs for 3 liter engines pushing well up into the mid 200 at the wheels, so the 287 was only a small bit better than anticipated after the bore and stroke......but I'll get the sheets up so we can be sure the difference between fact and fiction. thank you for your interest though....
I apologize if you took it that as sarcastic. I'm actually honestly very interested in what you've done. I was congratulating you that's all. A lot of people knock on the F22 as a NA motor...and I don't know too many setups outside of Bisimoto that put up good numbers. I mean some of the best NA H22's I've seen are putting down around 260 at the wheels, so I was just wondering what you had done, because I wanted to congratuate you that's all. I was just curious to what you had done.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:50 AM   #12
clyde004

having not been on in so long, I've lost track of who posts frequently and who just wants to rag people, ya know...but in light of your remarks, that was the deal with the F build o start with, no one does it, yet it is such a perfect build motor. everyone is so worried about the win cam H...and it only has a few more hp than the JDM F block stock....and the F comes prefab with iron sleeves, and a forged bottom end.....it only seemed natural for a build...unfortunately only recently have companies started to produce aftermarket internals for the F22. it's been a struggle to do anyting with, and it's taken 3 years to get anywhere, but now we are there. the motor hasn't been planted yet, but with the butt reading 287, i can't imagine we will be disappointed. i am quite proud of what our perseverance has produced, and i fully intend to build the strongest F ever in a street car. it's a sure thing when people look under the hood and automatically underestimate you because they see the F VTEC block, and then they get shut down by a fair margin!!!as i said before, thank you for your interest, and i wasn't trying to insult, just trying to shut down any controversy on the forum.

Old 12-18-2006, 01:39 AM   #13
VBRacer
Regular User

VBRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to VBRacer Send a message via MSN to VBRacer Send a message via Yahoo to VBRacer

Wow man, put my Accord to shame...Kinda makes me proud to be an Accord driver though.

Like i said the other day though, i cant believe its been a year. I think i remember when you got that cam grind?
Old 12-19-2006, 01:46 PM   #14
clyde004

it has been awhile...and that was the first of 3 grinds....but as i've said before.....u mean, there is another kind of Honda other than an Accord!!!!
smile Mike.....u know i'm with ya!!and that was the point in doing this buil....Accords just don't get the respect they deserve!!!!

Old 12-19-2006, 02:57 PM   #15
kevoweb
Regular User

Pictures! i'm really curious to see where this thing is at since i last saw it.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #16
clyde004

i'll try to get some up this week. been hectic round here really, x-mas and all